Clinics We Offer
We have a team of practice nurses who offer our patients specialised nurse-led clinics and services. These include:
- Cervical Smears & Screening
- Heart Disease Prevention & CHD Follow Up
- New Patient Health Checks
- Asthma & Respiratory Problems
- Well Woman & Well Person Checks
- Pre-school Immunisations for Children
- Diabetes Monitoring
- Anti-coagulant Monitoring
- Smoking Cessation Advice
- Nurse Prescribing
It is important that long term conditions like diabetes, respiratory and heart conditions are regularly monitored. Appointments for these clinics are arranged by contacting the reception desk. Our practice nurses also advise on weight reduction, stress and women’s health issues.
Flu & Pneumococcal Vaccinations
The flu vaccine is the best available protection against the flu virus. It is very safe, only takes a few minutes and will last around a year.
Flu is more than a bad cold and can make people very unwell. It’s highly infectious, with symptoms that come on quickly and can hit anyone. In the most serious of cases, flu can bring on pneumonia, or other serious infections which can, in extreme cases, result in death.
There are certain groups of people that are more likely to be badly impacted by the flu . That is why NHS Scotland provides flu vaccines to the following groups of people:
- People with a chronic health condition
- People aged 65 years or over
- Pregnant women
- People who work in healthcare
- Children aged 2-5 years
- Primary school children (in-school vaccination.)
Children usually will get their vaccine in the form of a nasal spray.
If you fall into this category, please come and be vaccinated during one of our flu clinics in autumn.
Sexual Health Nurse
A range of sexual health and contraceptive services are available in the practice. We also have a sexual health specialist nurse that runs a clinic every fortnight.